Every day reveals a new low for the Trump administration. Today Trump’s spokesperson trashed the Statue of Liberty. He tried to argue that the famous poem inscribed on the Statue (“Give me your tired, your poor, / Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free…) does not represent the Statue of Liberty’s “true” meaning because it was added later. How did this come up, you ask? Today Trump rolled out a new immigration policy, one that disgracefully continues his administration’s xenophobic agenda. He is calling for only allowing workers who already speak English into the United States, and not allowing low-skilled immigrants to obtain green cards. Under this plan, America would no longer be a beacon of freedom to the world. No wonder his administration feels the need to trash one of our greatest symbols.
Call Bob Latta and Rob Portman and tell them to oppose Trump’s plan to limit LEGAL immigration. Tell them that America is a stronger place when we act as a beacon to the world.
Please only call Bob Latta if you live in Ohio District 5.
Please only call Rob Portman if you live in Ohio.
- Washington, D.C. Office: (202) 225-6405
- Bowling Green Office: (419) 354-8700
- Defiance Office: (419) 782-1996
- Findlay Office: (419) 422-7791
- Washington, D.C. Office: (202) 224-3353
- Columbus Office: (614) 469-6774
- Cincinnati Office: (513) 684-3265
- Cleveland Office (216) 522-7095
- Toledo Office: (419) 259-3895