Wednesday, August 9th:
We may be heading to nuclear war with North Korea. And Trump’s words are heating up the crisis. Today news arrived that North Korea has gotten closer to developing a nuclear missile that can hit the United States. Trump’s response? He threatened a pre-emptive nuclear strike on North Korea: “North Korea best not make any more threats to the U.S. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.” Yes, he literally said that. Naturally a nuclear war with North Korea would be an unconscionable moral and humanitarian disaster. Millions would perish, not least our allies in Seoul, South Korea (population of 9.86 million). We need to call our representatives, and tell them that Congress must reassert its authority to declare and wage war. Tell them that Donald Trump must not declare war against North Korea unilaterally.
Call Bob Latta, Rob Portman, and Sherrod Brown, and tell them to constrain Donald Trump on Korea. Remind them of their constitutional responsibilities
Please only call Bob Latta if you live in Ohio District 5.
Please only call Rob Portman if you live in Ohio.
Please only call Sherrod Brown if you live in Ohio.
- Washington, D.C. Office: (202) 225-6405
- Bowling Green Office: (419) 354-8700
- Defiance Office: (419) 782-1996
- Findlay Office: (419) 422-7791
- Washington, D.C. Office: (202) 224-3353
- Columbus Office: (614) 469-6774
- Cincinnati Office: (513) 684-3265
- Cleveland Office (216) 522-7095
- Toledo Office: (419) 259-3895
- Washington, DC Office: (202) 224-2315
- Cincinnati Office: (513) 684-1021
- Cleveland Office: (216) 522-7272
- Columbus Office: (614) 469-2083
- Lorain Office: (440) 242-4100